Skip to Main Content
Reckon Product Ideas
Make a difference by sharing your ideas with the Reckon product development team. Your votes will directly influence the product roadmap and help guide our products future direction.

Please note all new ideas remain hidden from public view until reviewed by our team.


Announcement: September 2023

We are currently well underway building our next-gen user interfaces, starting with Payroll web and mobile (released), Invoices mobile (released) and soon, advanced Payroll, Reckon Mate enhancements, and Time web.

Where appropriate we'll add features from the Product Ideas Portal to both old and new interfaces, or, where new is replacing old, we'll add to the new range only.

Thank you for your patience - whilst we understand building new interfaces and products takes longer than adding a feature, we are certain the new designs will ultimately provide a better experience for all our customers.

Regards,
The Reckon Product Team


Status New idea
Categories BankData
Created by Guest
Created on Jul 29, 2021

Automated / AI reconciliation


Implement a Smart Reconciliation Tool like competitors offer. For example Odoo:

"Get reconciliation propositions automatically, register extra journal items on the fly, search efficiently. Interface for manual reconciliations, for both open and paid invoices. Learning of account numbers based on first manual reconciliation. Odoo matches 95% of invoices & payments automatically and the smart matching tool allows to do the remaining 5% super fast."

  • ADMIN RESPONSE
    Jul 29, 2021

    Great idea and definitely something we have considered, however our current legal advice is in AU we cannot complete a reconciliation for a user as that is 'giving tax advice'. We are looking at alternatives in a banking project that kicks off next month.

  • Attach files
  • Admin
    Jason Hollis
    Reply
    |
    Jul 30, 2021

    Hi GM.. unfortunately it is more complicated than that. Even suggesting a tax code is giving advice - we are on hold until we hear otherwise. As I said.. we agree with you, but won't be addressing until we get the all clear.

  • Guest
    Reply
    |
    Jul 29, 2021

    In the Australian tax system accountants / tax agents prepare tax returns but the taxpayer isultimately the one to sign off on it and take responsilbility. Taking this concept, if "completing" a reconcilation is the issue, the software doesn't have to "complete" the reconciliation, it could just be allocating/matching transactions ready for user approval - ie a draft reconcilation, and then user is ultimately responsible for accepting/rejecting the allocations and clicking the button to approve the reconciliation. This would save 95% of the time.